Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OUR LOVE STORY "My Heart Broke in Hollywood"

It's the end of an era this week as All My Children broadcasts their final episode Friday...
...so I wanted to present a show business-themed tale to cushion the blow.
This tale from 1970's Our Love Story #5 was written by Stan Lee and illustrated by Jim Steranko.
With less than 100 comic stories to his credit, Steranko was still one of the most influential comic illustrators of the 1960s-70s, bringing a deliberately-cinematic storytelling style to the page.
UPDATE: The kool blog Sequential Crush  (which also covers romance comics) has a new entry called "My Chat With Jim Steranko on His Only Romance Comic Book Story - 'My Heart Broke in Hollywood!'" 
Guess what it's about?
Great minds DO think alike!

I'll be watching (and crying) Friday with the rest of you as we bid farewell to Pine Valley.
But, at least Angie Hubbard's getting her sight back! Yay!
(And truth be told, I've always had a serious crush on Debbi Morgan!)

Next week:
We haven't decided yet what it'll be, but we can guarantee that...
You'll Cry Your Eyes Out if You Miss It!
(And we mentioned that October will be loaded with Gothic/spooky romance tales.
So here's two words that'll get your pulse racing...
Dark Shadows!)

And now a word from out sponsor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for telling us how you feel!